Thursday, February 26, 2009

Exactly the Conversation I Love to Hear


Last weekend I went to the town of Rivas to attend a friend of mine's 15th birthday party. The party itself is deserving of its own post. However, this post is about mangoes. It is currently mango season in Nicaragua, my most loved of all Nicaraguan seasons (although closely rivaled by avacado season). To get to this birthday party I had to pass through the port town of San Jorge. San Jorge just happens to be the mango capital of Nicaragua.

Lauren: So how much are your mangoes?
Mango Seller: $0.75
Lauren: For one?
Mango Seller: For a dozen.
Lauren: What if I don't want a dozen?
Mango Seller: We don't sell less then a dozen.
Lauren's Brain: This is a serious mango seller, oh well, 12 mangoes is better than no mangoes, right?
Lauren's Stomach: Hells yeah.
Lauren: I'll take 12.

They were worth every last juicy drop.

No comments: